Terms & Conditions
All transactions are handled by our own staff using secure servers to Barclays Merchant Services.
If there will be any delay in despatching your order to you, we will contact you by email.
All UK orders are sent by Special Delivery, or next day courier, to ensure security and prompt delivery.
Detailed Terms and Conditions
By ordering the products you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Details of the amount, type and price of products ordered by you are set out in the order form which you submit to us via this web site. The price of each product stated on the order form is only valid for as long as such price is stated on the order form.
2. Unless you have an open account with us you must pay for the products by credit card, bank transfer or cheque. For cheque payment, please allow three days for clearance of your cheque prior to despatch of your order.
3. Where account facilities are agreed the amount will become payable after 30 days end of month. In the event of late payment the company reserves the right to charge interest of 8% above the Bank of England base rate and any administration costs incurred to recover the amounts due.
Confirmation of Order
4. We will send you a confirmation email if your order has been successful. This email will contain order details and the transaction reference number. Until we send you this email we have not accepted your order submission and the contract for provision of the products has not been concluded.
5. The products will be delivered to the address submitted by you as the address for delivery on the website order within 30 days of the day on which you submit the order for such products to us, but usually within 2 working days (unless you are notified otherwise). Next day delivery is available for UK orders placed before 1pm Monday to Friday, unless otherwise stated – however please check with us if you are unsure. As soon as the products have been delivered to you you will be responsible for them. You will only own the products once we have been paid in full in respect of such products.
6. If the products arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us by email immediately and in no circumstances more than 3 days after receipt . We will then promptly arrange for undamaged products to be delivered to you.
7. If we are unable to arrange that the products are delivered to you within a reasonable time period, we will inform you of this and either reimburse any sums paid by you in relation to such products or, with your agreement, arrange that the products are delivered to you by another date.
Cancellation and Returns Policy
8. If you decide within 7 working days (starting on the day after you receive the products) that you no longer require the products then you are entitled to cancel the order by sending us notice of such cancellation by email, fax or letter within such 7 working day period. If we have not despatched your order, we will cancel it and refund you with the purchase amount less a transaction fee of 10% to cover our costs. If we have already despatched the goods, they must first be returned to us in perfect condition and in full (i.e. you must return the entire order unused). Once we have received the goods back and are satisfied they have not been used, we will refund you with the purchase amount less our postage and packing costs and less a 10% transaction fee to cover our costs.
9. You are only entitled to cancel the contract if when we receive the products they are in the exact condition in which they were delivered to you.
10. If you cancel the contract you must return the products to us at your own cost within 7 days of delivery. If you do not return them to us within such period then we are entitled to take such steps as are necessary to recover the products from you and charge you for the costs of such recovery. For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery type of service.
11. In the event that you are entitled to a refund please note that such refund will be made by the same method used to make payment to us.
Marsden Warranty Policy
12. All Marsden Class III Approved medical weighing scales carry a four year warranty (excluding the M-999 Patient Transfer Scale, which is supplied as standard with a one year warranty). All other scales carry a one year warranty. The warranty is from the date of purchase for faults due to material or construction defects; faults under this warranty are repaired free of charge.
13. All movable parts – for example batteries, cables and adaptors – are excluded.
14. It is the responsibility of the customer to return the product to our factory in Rotherham. Marsden will pay for the return transport costs. The four year warranty is applicable to all Class III Approved medical scales purchased after 01/01/2018, excluding the Patient Transfer Scale.
15. These terms and conditions, including the Cancellation & Returns Policy, do not affect your statutory rights.
16. This website Is subject to the law of England and Wales and any disputes will be dealt with the Courts of England and Wales. If ordering outside of England and Wales It is your responsibility to check with your local laws as to the legality of our products.
17. Marsden shall not have any liability whatsoever or be deemed to be in default for any delays or failure in performance under these Terms and Conditions resulting from acts beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental authority, war or national emergency, terrorist activities, accident or fire.
18. It is your responsibility to check that it Is legal for you to view, purchase & receive the materials provided by this site, based on your local laws.
19. It is the customers’ responsibility regarding import and customs regulations for their own locality. We do not assume liability of any kind for shipments seized by customs.
20. All operating instructions/user manuals and warnings should be fully read before equipment is used.
Terms and Conditions Relating to Using our Website Disclaimers
1. We have taken care In the preparation of the content of this website and the system for fulfilling your accepted order.
Neither we nor our directors or employees or related companies shall be liable for any losses or claims arising directly or indirectly from use of this website or purchase by you through this website of any products.
2. Any links on this website to other websites are provided for your interest only and we have no control over these sites and therefore no responsibility or liability for their content or services supplied through them. Any link to such sites does not imply any endorsement of content or service.
Copyright and Use of Material
3. All information, data, text, images, graphics, artwork and the selection and arrangement of same as well as links, software and source code on the website are subject to the copyright of marsden-weighing.co.uk or its contractors. All rights are reserved. No part of the website may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written consent except for the sole purpose of placing an order or corresponding with us. Our name and logo and all related product names and logos are our trade names/trade marks and may not be used without our prior written consent.
5. These terms and conditions together with any other terms expressly referred to In these terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter covered. You and we unconditionally waive any rights to rescind, repudiate or claim damages against the other on the basis of any statement or representation made by or on behalf of the other not set out or referred to in these terms and conditions unless such statement was made fraudulently.
6. If any of these terms (or part of them) are held to be invalid or unenforceable then the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions (or part provisions) shall not be affected.
7. These terms and conditions do not affect consumer statutory rights.
8. If you need to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.