Scale Servicing might not be something you’ve considered before, but it is a necessity.
Why do you need to service your weighing scales? The answer is simple. To ensure your scales are reliable, they're weighing accurately, and if you used Class III Approved scales, they are compliant. Like any machine, a weighing scale needs regular servicing.
For companies selling products based on weight are by law required to use Trade Approved weighing scales. That means your weighing scales are required to meet standardised testing. Similarly in cases of medical weighing, Class III Approved scales have to be regularly calibrated and tested to ensure the machine maintains a high performance, so you are consistently providing the best care. Miscalculations in cases of weight based drug treatments could have serious repercussions.
What is Service & Calibration?
Regularly serviced weighing scales have a longer lifespan and a more reliable performance than those that do not receive Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
Marsden Service Contracts have been designed to maximise the accuracy and reliability of the scale in accordance with the UK Weighing Federation Calibration Code of Conduct. We are ISO 9001/2015 accredited and fully qualified to undertake the validation and revalidation of weighing scales under 2014/31/EU.
Our five point calibration check provides accurate data regarding the performance of your weighing scale. The check includes:
- Calibration performed by an UKWF accredited service engineer.
- The use of M1 traceable certified test weights.
- The scale is correctly set up before the weights are applied.
- Weights are applied to the scale at five points within the scale’s weighing range. The results are then recorded to provide traceability.
- If a scale is outside of the prescribed tolerances, a recalibration will be performed.
- The calibration certificate is available from the Marsden web portal.
Scale servicing in Ireland and the UK
Our Service Contacts are available in Ireland and the UK. Repairs and re-calibration can be done on-site during the PPM visit, enabling the customer to avoid subsequent call out costs.
Should we be unable to repair your scale on-site, we will collect ourselves or via courier and repair in-house and arrange re-delivery in a timely manner.
What do we service?
We provide a range of services for a variety of industries. We have a large industrial customer base and are the leading PPM contract provider to the NHS.
- Axle Weigh Pads
- Bench Scales
- Counting Scales
- Crane Scales
- Hanging Scales
- Floor Scales
- Parcel Scales
- Pallet Truck Scales
- Pit Mounted Platform Scales
- Platform Scales, Weighbeams & U Frames
- Retail Scales
- Baby Scales
- Bariatric & Hoist Scales
- Bed & Trolley Weighing Scales
- Body Composition Scales
- Chair Scales
- Column Scales
- Floor Scales
- Hoist Weighing Scales
- Laboratory Balances
- Patient Transfer Scales
- Theatre, Swab, & Mortuary Scales
- Wheelchair Scales
- Veterinary Scales
We offer at state of the art client portal that takes the headache out of paperwork. The Marsden Client Portal offers a quick and clear overview of your scale’s history. It’s free to all customers, and allows you to:
- Get real time information on your scales allowing you to keep on top of servicing.
- Monitor contract progress in real time.
- View each scale’s service history.
- Download or print calibration certificates.
- Download or print job sheets.
- Download or print invoices.
- Request a call out to repair your weighing scale.
If you would like to discuss a servicing contract for your scales, or you would like pricing information, call +44 (0)1709 364 296 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.