Service Contracts for Weighing Scales
Marsden has a nationwide Service team who can repair, maintain and calibrate your scales. We are ISO9001/2015 accredited and qualified to undertake initial verification and re-verification of weighing scales under 2014/31/EU.
We are the leading PPM contract provider to the NHS and we have a large contract customer base in a wide variety of industries.
For a Maintenance Contract or for a quote for repairs to your scales, fill in your details below, with a bit of an overview of what you need.
To discuss your service requirement, and for pricing information, phone:
Service 01709 364 296
Click on the links below for more information:
Medical Scales Legislation Requirements
Our services meet the strict requirements of the regulators.
- Since 1st January 2003 all weighing scales purchased by hospitals, care homes, doctor surgeries, and private hospitals for treatment, diagnosis and monitoring purposes need to be Class III or Class IIII approved
- Each approved scale also needs to be verified by the manufacturer, a self verifying organisation or a Trading Standards Officer (TSO)
- Should a scale require repair or re-calibration, which involves breaking the ‘seal’ on the scale, the scale must be re-verified by a TSO or a self verifying organisation
- Feedback from customers suggests that using TSOs can be both expensive and involve long delays to the repair process. Marsden is a self verifying company and is audited by SGS
- Our engineers who are qualified to the UK Weighing Federation Calibration Code of Practice, come to you and test all of your weighing equipment in one visit
- At the end of each visit, the engineer presents you with a schedule of the work done. Job sheets and Calibration Certificates are available for each scale serviced. Marsden engineers work on the latest tablet technology ensuring that information can be provided to you in real time. You will also be able to see the complete service history on your scale (see Client Portal section below)
- Each weighing scale is tested at various weight points, to ensure complete accuracy throughout the scale’s weighing parameters
- M1 certified test weights are used (certificates available on request)
- Provision of loan scales when required
- On site repair and re-verification
- Large stocks of spare parts for immediate repair
- Quick response times
- Once yearly/twice yearly contract prices available on request
The Marsden Client Portal offers a quick and clear overview of your scale’s history. It’s free to all customers, and allows you to:
- Get real time information on your scales allowing you to keep on top of servicing
- Monitor contract progress in real time
- View each scale’s service history
- Download or print calibration certificates
- Download or print job sheets
- Download or print invoices
- Request a call out to repair your weighing scales
Portal Login PageAsset DetailsCalibration CertificatesInvoicesBooking a CalloutScale History
Download the Marsden Client Portal User Guide here or watch the video below.
To receive a quote for your Test, Calibration, and Repair requirements and advice regarding your maintenance programme please contact our Service Office:
Telephone: 01709 364 296
Freephone: 0800 169 2775
Fax: 01709 364 293